So, I started this page, to keep up with what I miss about Singapore, not just my family (Cookie included), e.g. shopping with mum.
1. Thai Food from Newton Food Centre and Yhing Thai: My office is a short walk away from the Newton Food Centre, and I really missed the Basil Chicken, Tom Yum Fried Rice, Tom Yum Soup and Fried Tung Hoon from the Thai Food store!
|tom yum soup from the thai food store in Newton FC|
2. Fried Omelete with Oysters, fried chicken wing, stingray, etc, etc -- bring those hawker delights on!: I saw Nick posted his picture of the fried omelete with oysters on instagram. Dang, that's mouth watering!
|stingray, chicken wings, tom yum soup taken at Newton FC|
3. Penang Assam Laksa from Malayan Cafe: I have been to Penang before but honestly, I have never had penang assam laksa right at its home ground. The first time I had penang assam laksa was in fact in Wanneroo, Perth. Love that spicy and sour fish soup with prawn paste!
4. Pontian noodles: How can anyone resist the yummy noodles after being away for a while?!
|a picture posted on my instagram some time back. indeed, i missed these food! Penang Assam Laksa and Potian Noodles|
|Lao Ban Soya Beancurd - picture from hungry go where|
|Hawaiian Pizza from Pizza hut (SG)!|
7. Sushi: Sushi the singaporean way -- what do I even mean?? Think: Sushi Tei, Itacho Sushi
8. Ramen: from Ippudo and Bishamon!
|ramen at bishamon, a picture i taken in instagram some time back!|
|ramen at ippudo ramen!|
9. Lunch buffet at Carousel (Royal Plaza @ Scotts): I really gotta grab Soo Bee, Wai Yee and Joycelyn there! Their desserts, creme brulee in particular, is what I'll grab off the shelves.
|creme brulee at Carousel|
10. Bakerzin's Bratwurst Linguine: the last time I had that was when Yun Shuang visited my house (all the way from the north west/west to the east!). We must so have that again! Balsamic vinegar FTW!
11. Cedele's Chilli Lime prawn aglio olio: the last time i had this was also with Yun Shuang and Da ge! I missed the lime and lemon grass taste in this pasta!
|Chilli lime prawn aglio olio|
12. Sports and KTV: mandarin songs, badminton at PUBRC! The company of NTU gang who would scream into the microphone like there's no tomorrow!
14. Sam sui chicken from San Rui Restaurant: The garlic sauce with chicken is PERFECT!
|sam sui chicken!|
15. Durian puffs: something i'll buy everytime I past by the stall in Takashimaya!
16. Tea time at Imperial Treasure Nan Bei: The black bean sauce pork ribs and lau sa pau are our must haves when my mum, bro and I visit the restaurant!
|black bean sauce pork ribs|
|lau sau pau|